Smiiiles Membership Terms and Conditions
By making use of your Smiiiles Membership you will be accepting the following terms and conditions of membership of the Smiiiles Community Program set by Smiiiles Australasia Pty Ltd (Smiiiles Australasia):
- The Smiiiles Community Program is open to all approved members of the program purchasing normal retail quantities of goods and services from participating merchants (Smiiiles Merchants). Smiiiles Australasia reserves the right to limit the quantity of goods and services that can be purchased using your Smiiiles Membership.
- Smiiiles Australasia reserves the right to withdraw, suspend or alter the terms and conditions of participation in the Smiiiles Community Program at any time. Smiiiles Australasia will give you advance notice of any changes on its website at smiiiles.com.au (Smiiiles Website). You can cancel your membership within the period of that advance notice if you do not wish to accept the changes. You can cancel your membership via the Smiiiles Website. By continuing to use your Smiiiles Membership after the period of advance notice has expired, you will be deemed to have accepted the amended terms and conditions.
- The Smiiiles Merchant who you have applied to for a Smiiiles Membership (Issuing Merchant) will issue you with a Smiiiles Membership.
- You can earn Smiiiles with your Smiiiles Membership as soon as it is issued, but you will not be able to redeem Smiiiles until you have registered with Smiiiles Australasia. You can register your Smiiiles Membership on the Smiiiles Website or by downloading the Smiiiles App.
- An Annual Membership Smiiiles of 68 Smiiiles (inc. GST) (AMS) is payable for each Smiiiles Membership. The AMS does not need to be paid up front. Instead it is paid out of your Smiiiles in accordance with clause 11.
- Each Smiiiles Merchant will nominate a Smiiiles percentage (Smiiiles Percentage). Smiiiles earned is based on the Smiiiles Percentage of the total purchase price (inc. GST). Smiiiles Merchants can change the Smiiiles Percentage from time to time. For example, if a Smiiiles Merchant has nominated a Smiiiles Percentage of 10%, for every ten dollars (inc. GST) you spend at that Smiiiles Merchant you will earn 1 Smiiile. Note: Some goods and services offered by a Smiiiles Merchant may not attract Smiiiles.
- To earn Smiiiles you must present your Smiiiles Membership before the transaction is totaled at the register. Smiiiles cannot be earned or a transaction cannot be reversed for the purpose of earning Smiiiles if the Smiiiles Membership is not presented before the transaction is totaled.
- Only 1 Smiiiles Membership can be used to earn Smiiiles on each transaction.
- 10% of the value of the Smiiiles you earn (at a value of $1 per Smiiile) will be paid to the charity you nominated.
- 10% of the value of the Smiiiles you earn (at a value of $1 per Smiiile) will be paid to the Issuing Merchant.
- 50% of the value of your remaining Smiiiles (after payments are made to your nominated charity and the Issuing Merchant) will be allocated to your AMS (at a value of $1 per Smiiile). That allocation will stop as soon as your AMS has been paid in full, but will start again once the AMS becomes payable on each anniversary of the activation of your Smiiiles Membership.
- Here is an example to illustrate what happens to the Smiiiles you earn at a merchant offering 10% smiiiles:
|Purchases at Smiiiles Merchant *
||(bal = 20)
|Paid to nominated charity
||Smiiiles reduced by
||(bal = 18)
|Paid to Issuing Merchant
||Smiiiles reduced by
||(bal = 16)
|Allocated to AMS
||Smiiiles reduced by
||(bal = 8)
| *assuming a Smiiiles Percentage of 10%
- Smiiiles may be redeemed at any Smiiiles Merchant. One (1) Smiiile = $1.00. By redeeming 1 Smiiile you are entitled to $1 off that purchase. To redeem Smiiiles you must present your Smiiiles Membership.
- Only 1 Smiiiles Membership can be used to earn or redeem Smiiiles on each transaction.
- You will be required to input your 6 digit PIN for any Smiiiles redeemed to verify that you have authorised the redemption. Smiiiles cannot be redeemed by anyone other than you, and your 6 digit PIN will be required and verified before any redemption is processed.
- Your Smiiiles balance will be reduced by the amount of Smiiiles redeemed.
- Smiiiles may be redeemed up to 2 years after they are earned. After that, they expire and your Smiiiles balance will be automatically reduced by the number of Smiiiles that have expired.
- You also earn Smiiiles on the value of Smiiiles that you redeem (calculated at the Smiiiles Percentage nominated by the Merchant that you redeem your Smiiiles at).
- You can check your Smiiiles balance at any time via the Smiiiles Website or the Smiiiles App.
- Smiiiles are non-transferable.
- A Smiiiles Merchant may apply to reverse Smiiiles earned where a transaction is cancelled or a refund is given
- Smiiiles Australasia may correct erroneous, invalid Smiiiles credits or adjust for reversed transactions at any time even if it results in a negative Smiiiles balance.
- If you lose your Smiiiles Membership please contact Smiiiles via the Smiiiles Website or support line. A new Smiiiles Membership Number can be issued or picked up from a participating Smiiiles Merchant.
- Smiiiles Australasia respects your privacy. Smiiiles Australasia will collect, store and use your personal information in accordance with the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth). You consent to Smiiiles Australasia using your personal information to operate and provide you with membership benefits of the Smiiiles Community Program. You also consent to Smiiiles Australasia using your personal information to assist in planning, developing and enhancing the Smiiiles Program (for example, Smiiiles Australasia may seek your feedback on the Smiiiles Program).
- Smiiiles Australasia has relationships with third parties to whom Smiiiles Australasia may make disclosures of your personal information in connection with such uses. You consent to Smiiiles Australasia disclosing your personal information to those with whom Smiiiles Australasia has service arrangements (these may include call centres, mailing houses and printers) and to those with whom Smiiiles Australasia have alliance arrangements, where disclosure is for the purpose of the above uses to which you have consented.
- You may access your personal information, by sending us an email via the Smiiiles Website.